her? and him? what the!?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I've been deeply into music from Day One. It's always been a major component of my life. I had a Fisher Price piano. I played "on tour with the Bay City Rollers" in my friend Angie's rec room every weekend for an entire summer. I was lead vocal and sometime-lead-guitar and sometime-drummer of The Victoria Street Air Band for crying out loud. I sang alto in the school choir. I know how to play, "Just Can't Get Enough" and "Mary Had a Little Lamb" on the piano AND the telephone's touch-tone pad. I've attended more concerts than there are days of the YEAR. I worked at HMV for 5 years, then at a pretty high profile record label for 2 and a half more. I go to sleep each night hugging my iPod to my body and smugly think to myself: "I am a hip, awesome music buff. A music LOVER. Music reaches out to me. It MOVES me. It defines me and COMPLETES me... " (well, maybe these aren't QUITE the thoughts that go on in my head at night, but hopefully you get the point I'm trying to make here).

So imagine my utter SHOCK and AWE when clear outta the world-wide-blue this l'il goodie smacks me smartly upside the head:


That's right! Cybill Shepherd. Uh huh. The one from MOONLIGHTING. It's an album! By HER. Yep! And... it's FEATURING STAN GETZ. You know that guy, Stan Getz? Stan Freakin' Getz. AND Cybill Shepherd! Cybill and Stan. Together - in an actual musical collaboration! With a very cool cover no less! How in the WORLD did this one get by me?! I mean, I knew she fancied herself to be a singer, BUT... Cybill and Stan? My musical foundation is shaken to it's very core. I am absolutely, completely, 100% humbled by this. Knocked down a proverbial peg. Maybe two even.

Cybill and Stan. Stan. And Cybill. Mad About The Boy!!? Who KNEW!?


0 Responses to “her? and him? what the!?”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 



previously on i heart to blog

i heart archives


i heart site picks



i heart books on the go

i heart learning css



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from A•pril. Make your own badge here.


Stumble Upon Toolbar


a t o m . 0 . 3




Add to Technorati Favorites