goody of the week - grandPerspective


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



turning japanese: grandPerspective takes a picture so you can see your HD from inside as well.

To directly quote sourceforge.net: GrandPespective "is a small utility application for Mac OS X that graphically shows the disk usage within a file system. It can help you to manage your disk, as you can easily spot which files and folders take up the most space. It uses a so called tree map for visualisation. Each file is shown as a rectangle with an area proportional to the file's size. Files in the same folder appear together, but their placement is otherwise arbitrary."

Now I'm a person who prides myself on keeping a neat and tidy hard drive, but upon running this nifty little app for the first time, I was astonished to find files I didn't even know existed on my machine! It also encouraged me to finally back up some large files that I knew were taking up way too much space but couldn't be bothered to backup before. I cleaned everything up and before you could say "holy new-found gigabytes, Batman," I had cleared out over 6 fresh, sparkly clean GBs. Ah, graphical interfaces! You make every task so much more manageable and enjoyable to me!


0 Responses to “goody of the week - grandPerspective”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 



i heart site picks



i heart books on the go

i heart learning css



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from A•pril. Make your own badge here.


Stumble Upon Toolbar


a t o m . 0 . 3




Add to Technorati Favorites