she wants revenge


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



And who could blame her, really, when they put her on the cover in her underwear? (seriously - who comes up with these covers?!)

So, I "discovered" some new music today. I was working on a listening post header card for MusicWorld yesterday (english & french - yeesh), and a featured title was, she wants revenge. The description read as follows: "evoking the deep bass moodiness of Bauhaus, Joy Division & Depeche Mode, She Wants Revenge walks the fine line between dance & goth with their self-titled debut album & explosive first single, “Tear You Apart.” How could I not be intrigued? The bands they're compared to are among my favourites of all time, and as such, I felt I had no choice but to promptly give it a listen to decide for myself.

Yes, they are eversomuch, absolutely, definitely paying homage to Joy Division. Depeche Mode? Um, yeah, I can see that. Bauhaus? I've picked out a few guitar bits that are reminiscent. Are they walking a fine line between dance & goth? Well, the record companies just love to throw in the word "goth" whenever they get the chance, don't they? (those "Hot Topic" kiddies will be sure to respond to that!)

It's a good little record - I've listened to it several times over already. It's making me want to look up the lyrics because the bits I'm picking out sound rather.... frank. I'm so pleased I happened across it. I have a feeling it will be getting a lot of circulation on the ol' "on stage" in the coming weeks.


0 Responses to “she wants revenge”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 



previously on i heart to blog

i heart archives


i heart site picks



i heart books on the go

i heart learning css



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from A•pril. Make your own badge here.


Stumble Upon Toolbar


a t o m . 0 . 3




Add to Technorati Favorites